Seeing as we live in Canada and it doesn’t look like the snow is going to me melting anytime soon I thought it would be good to chat a bit about tips to survive your winter photo shoot. Lets be serious winter is 75% of what our weather is here in Alberta so chances are you will have a winter session at some point. Winter is also a stunning time for photos if you can brave the cold. The sparkle of falling snow in the sun can look like fairy dust and there is something very magical about that. So lets embrace the snow! Here are 5 tips to survive your winter photo shoot.
- Bundle up! Winter is cold, plain and simple! Come prepared to spend some time in the snow and be comfortable with it. Cute boots, mittens and scarfs are all ways to keep warm but also stay stylish at the same time. Also incorporating a heirloom blanket to snuggle up under is always ok in my books.
- Have fun! Don’t be afraid to fully embrace the winter and have fun with it. Snowball fights, snow angles, or building a snowman are always a great idea!
- Choose Outfits that POP! With everything being all white in the winter it is a good idea to wear colors or prints that pop. Jewel tones like teal, emerald, mustard, and purples look amazing against he white snow. Also you can add in these color as fun accessories so you don’t have to go out and buy a brand new jacket.
- Pack the Necessities- I know whenever I am out in the cold my nose constantly runs, so come prepared with Klenex, and hand warmers so everyone looks their best.
- Session Times- Due to it possibly being really cold, we might have to cute the session shorter. Because of this it is important to make the most of your photos by using every single second to the max, especially at the beginning of the session when everyone’s still warm and spirits are particularly high.
- ***Bonus*** Hot Chocolate & Tea – Having a warm drink to have mid session is always a good idea. not only will it warm up your fingers but also warm your belly.
Winter session an be absolutely stunning if you embrace the cold and dress for the weather. There is nothing prettier then a fresh blanket of snow! Hopefully with the tips above we can all accept the snow and learn to love it and winter sessions!
If your looking for a Family session and are in the Calgary, Cochrane, Canmore or Banff area get in touch with me at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA