FAQ & What to Expect When Wedding Planning!
1. Should we do engagement photos and if so how far in advance? We get this question quite a bit and the answer is always a big YES! Engagement Photos are a great time for you to get to know us, and us you! It gives you a chance to get in front of our cameras before the Big Day, and helps you to be more comfortable. It also helps us to see how you interact with each other and figure out the poses you are most relaxed in. Typically we sugguest you plan to have the engagement session a minimun of 5 months prior to your wedding day. This way you will have the photos back and can use them for your wedding invites or guest books.
2. How much time should we plan for photos on our wedding day? Great question! This really depends on how you would like you wedding day to look. If you would like your ceremony & reception to be close together, with little time in between, I would suggest doing a “first look” wedding day. Here is sample timelines:
3. What is a “First Look”? A “First Look” is when the bride and groom see each other before the ceremony (yup I said BEFORE)! It is a private moment that is shared by just the two of them, and we as photographers, get to capture the intimacy and emotion of that moment. Typically we will scout out a spot away from wedding guests and family. We will then lead the groom over to wait for his beautiful bride to tap him on the shoulder. This is when we can usually expect an explosion of emotion as he sees her for the very first time! One of our absolute favorite moments to capture!
4. Do you Travel? ABSOLUTELY! We are based in Calgary, AB but we are happy, and ready to travel world wide! We do have a standard travel fee which includes our transportation cost and hotel if necessary. We also customize each and every destination wedding to fit your needs! We would love to be a part of your wedding day whether it is in Calgary, Costa Rica, Bali or Italy!
5. Do you have a second shooter the day of the wedding? YES! We are actually a husband and wife wedding photography team and have shot all our weddings together. We love love and it’s so fun to be able to photograph other couples in love.
6. Do we get a disk or USB with the images? Yup, sure do! You actually have the choice of a disk, USB or a private client gallery. You will also receive the shared rights to the images, meaning you are able to make prints, and enlargements, however your photos may end up on my blog, website or used for advertising purposes. On an average wedding day you can expect to receive 75-100 photos edited per hour of shooting time! In my larger packages along with the photos you will also receive a fine art album that retells the story of your wedding day through photos.
7. How long does it take to get our wedding photography package back? Typically I try to have the photos back to you in 2 months (as long as the shipping times of your album and other products are running behind). I also always try to have a sneak peek photo on my social media for you to see and a blog post within the first two weeks.
8. How soon should we be booking our date with you? ASAP! Typically we book about a year in advance especially for holidays and long weekends. If you do have a specific date in mind it is better to book sooner then later.
Do you have other questions? Chances are we have missed something, so feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com as we are always happy to answer them!