How To Be The Best Bridesmaid!
You have been asked by your best friend to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!! After all the happy tears, laughs and excitement all your responsibilities start to sink in! The dress, the bachelorette party, the showers, and everything else in between. Today I am breaking down all the things you can do to make sure you are the BEST bridesmaid out there!
Before the Wedding:
- Start Saving- Being a bridesmaid is expensive. With the dress, shoes, makeup, jewelry, wedding gifts, possibly travel and your time the expenses can really add up! Its best to start planning and saving right away so you don’t get overwhelmed down the road.
- Become Friends With the Other Bridesmaids – Sometimes wedding parties can be a mix of friends from childhood, friends from college, siblings, cousins ect so you might not all run the same circles. It is going to be way easier on you and the bride if you all get a lone. Reach out to them early, maybe start a Facebook group where you can chat, plan and get to know each other a bit better.
- Just Be There- Planning a wedding is stressful. Everyone has their own ideas how it should be done, so be the sounding board for the bride, offer to go to meetings if she needs a second opinion, but mostly just be there for moral support.
One The Big Day:
- Just Do It! Thank you Nike for being an appropriate saying even at a wedding. If you are asked to do something by the bride, planner, or photographer, smile and just do it! From a photographers point of view realize that being a part of the wedding party there ARE going to be photos of you. Saying you don’t like photos or don’t want photos of yourself is going to not only put the photographer in a weird spot but also the bride. Also please please please smile as you walk down the aisle during the speeches.
- Don’t Take Control- As professional wedding vendors we all have years of experience in our field and we have been hired by the bride and groom because they like what we do. So PLEASE don’t try to take control of the decor, change you make up a million times to make the girls all late, don’t suggest 100 different photos or poses during the formals because they might not fit the brides vision and will waste a lot of time. These are all things the bride has delegated to the vendors she has hired so please let them do their job.
- Be Her Person- If the bride hasn’t hired a planner make sure you take on that role. There is no need for the bride to be the one running around coordinating vendors, answering the phone and dealing with crisis. BE that person. The day of, the bride shouldn’t have to worry about everything, it is her day to relax and really enjoy the day.
- Emergency Kit- Lets face it, things happen the day of whether it is the bride forgetting to put on deodorant, getting blister from her wedding heels, her veil not staying in etc. Put together a small bag of stuff that you can bring with you the day of for those “just in case” moments.
- Have Fun! There is nothing worse then a Debbie Downer wedding party. The bride shouldn’t have to babysit you and make sure you are having a good time. It is her day not yours so make sure she is having the good time. Always remember this whole day is about her and her new hubby, not you. Make sure you are there for her, happy, and eager to celebrate with them
If your looking for a Wedding Photography and are in the Calgary, Cochrane, Canmore or Banff area get in touch with me at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA