This months vendor spotlight is on one very talented Canmore based mobile hair stylist team. Jordanna is the owner and lead stylist over at Lilies & Lace Beauty Co.
and I had the pleasure of working a long side her couple time over the last couple years. She has such a creative eye for hair and creating the perfect look to match your wedding day. Lilies & Lace also has seven other hairstylist and make up artists all willing to come to you on your wedding day. Today I got to chat a bit more with Jordanna about herself and her business!
1. How long have you been in business? I’ve been in the wedding industry for a total of 5.5 years, since late 2011. I first started out freelancing myself out and working solo under my first company name- JK Hair Designs. I later wanted to bring on board more artists and offer makeup services and I re-branded my company 1.5 years ago to Lilies & Lace Beauty Co.
2. What made you get into your career as a hairstylist? I started out in the beauty industry in high school taking cosmetology for 3 years. I loved styling hair & cutting hair, but not so much the repetition of a “salon life” I found perms, colouring and highlights very repetitive and not my passion. Once I moved to Canmore and a few years later, I met a good friend of mine, Candice (who know works under my company) She knew I had a background in hair & she needed a hand with a large wedding party. This was my very first taste of styling hair for a wedding and I fell in love with it! I mentored with her for about a year, then went on to get my diploma in “Hair Design” from Artists within.
3. What would you say your style is? My style… well it’s not just 1 type of look. Styling hair for weddings you need to be able to do whatever look each client wants. But if I had to choose one look, right now I’d say my favourite would be the romantic up-do’s! I think they are absolutely beautiful, flowy, relaxed with a hint of sexyness to them.
4. What is one fun fact about you? Fun fact, I can ride a quad/side by side like nobody’s business. Growing up, my family’s vacations consisted of escaping to the back country with friends & family and quading for hours on ends on some pretty gnarly mountainous trials. Nothing beats the adrenaline and feel of conquering a mud bog or making it up a steep mountainous trail. And added plus, when I make it through a tough spot, while some of the tough talking men get stuck!
5. What Inspires you?
My inspiration comes from each individual person. I like to hear what each of my brides wedding dress looks like, how they normally wear their hair and how they feel comfortable day to day. Also their lifestyle and their or feel of their wedding. I feed of each individuals style and we work closely together to achieve a look they are happy and feel beautiful in.
6. What is your favourite event to create for? My favourite event to create looks for is of course weddings, but I also find it very rewarding to create looks for photoshoots, magazine work or just personal shoots. You get to flex your creative muscles a bit more with these events.
7. If you weren’t a hairstylist what would you be doing? If I wasn’t in the wedding beauty industry, I think I would likely be working with animals in some way. Before I got into wedding hair styling, I actually debated taking a dog grooming course and opening up my own doggie salon.