Photo credit: Red Bloom Photography
Happy Thursday friends! Typically I save my blogging for clients sneak peeks or wedding & shoot day resources but I thought it would be fun to do a super personal blog post about 10 Things You Didn’t Know About ME! I’m not sure if this is going to be informative or just straight up embarrassing for me. Read on to find out!
- Garage sales are my jam! Seriously you can find me on any given Saturday when I’m not shooting, at a garage sale. I actually have started referring to them as “Game Day!” to my friends and family. I am not sure if its the thrill of the hunt or just finding that bargain that excites me but either way I’m am most certainly that person that is happy to dig through the piles to find the gems.
- Back in high school I was voted least likely to ever get married. Not because I was anti social or weird but because up until that point my longest relation was like a week. The best part is not only did I prove them all wrong, I married my hubby before any of my other friends could tie the knot! With that being said we met, starting look at rings three months later, was engaged at 6 months and married a year later. That was 8 years ago and I would do it all over again today.
- You will find me barefoot about 365 days out of the year. Rain or shine, snow and sun I am barefoot. In the middle of winter my husband is always getting mad at me for burring my cold toes under him and begs me to put on socks. I just can’t do it! Socks are terrible and I will always be that sockless girl and loving it!Photo Credit: Red Bloom Photography
- If given the option of a pool or the beach I will choose the pool. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the beach but what I love even more is a pool with a beach view. 😉 Granted I will take either over snow and cold, I am just not made for Alberta winters!
- I love animals of any kind! I would have a whole farm of animals if my husband would let me. Cats, dogs, goats, pigs, donkeys, sloths, kangaroos, whatever I would adopt any and all of them. Just not horses, I am absolutely terrified of horse!
- My middle name is Emily and I was named after my mothers mom Emma. I sadly didn’t get the chance to meet her as she passed away when my mother was just a child. I am proud to carry on the name of a woman who had an influence in making my mom the inspiring woman she is today!
- I didn’t sleep through the night until the age of three. Can I get some applause for my dear parents who put up with me and didn’t adopt me out during that time! Now I love sleep and consider myself a pro at it. Seriously though I need 8+ hours of sleep a night otherwise I don’t really function properly.
- I have visited 17 countries and have many more I want to see. Back when my hubby and I first got married we decided we would rather share experiences then things, thus began our love of traveling. Next up on our bucket list of places is New Zealand (hopefully in the new year), Iceland, Malta, Croatia and Bali. Ps if anyone is planning weddings for any of the countries let me know! I would LOVE to come and document your wedding day for FREE!
- I absolutely despise seafood of any type. No fish, no shrimp, no crab, no sushi, nothing. The only way you will ever see me eat anything from the ocean is if it a tuna salad sandwich. For whatever reason I grew up eating them so I can still eat them without gagging, but anything else… not a chance! I can’t even walk into a Red Lobster without throwing up a little in my mouth!
- I have crazy small feet. Typically I can fit into a size 5 or 6 just depending on the shoe. I may have also bought kids size 3 slippers because they were out of the my size and size 3 fit! And yes I get asked all the time how I don’t fall over being 5’6″ and having kids sized feet.
- Bonus fact: I don’t just laugh I kinda cackle. It’s one of those laugh that you can hear from a mile away and know its me. Also if you really get me going I have a tendency of throwing my head back and scrunching up my nose all while laughing. Yup it is kinda a sight to see!
If you made it this far congrats I applaud your nosiness! Who am I kidding I am the noisiest one around. In all seriousness I am just a curly haired goof that loves photography and amazed that I get to do this as my job. Honestly I am so blessed to be able to wake up everyday and love my job and to me there is seriously nothing better. Thank you to you all for making this a reality! You guys ROCK!
Photo Credit: Red Bloom Photography
If your looking for a Wedding Photography get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA